Roll Tape Roll Tape

Uniquely Upbeat

There is a real unique sound going on here! I love the phrase from 0:24-0:39, that is really creative...haven't heard anything like that before! Man, just makes me wanna dance! I really bobbed my head to that. It's the reason I am downloading this. The only thing I don't much like about it is the fact that it sounds so 8-bitty, even though the 8-bit sound has its own unique flair. The pitches and notes in that phrase are just perfect! The rest of the tune seems to be able to work along with it, but some of the notes sound jarring, not quite fitting together...sounds like "filler" in between the good parts to me, which is one thing I hate about composing my own pieces - "filling in" between my inspirations. I have about 320 unfinished fragments of music on my computer because of this curse.

The shortness of the piece and the ending also contribute to the reason I give it 8/10. However I did vote 5/5.

Sounds like you have a good imagination and I even will consider checking out your other stuff. Not sure how this is "trance," it's more like video game music or pop rock, but all in all I think this piece has some real potential!

Morphboy responds:

Made a longer version with some more of the stuff you liked. Hope you'll enjoy that one more thoroughly, and I did what I could about the "filler" part.

Good luck in your future music making, and I too share the feeling with unfinished fragments. ;)

Tomorrow Morning (classical) Tomorrow Morning (classical)

Sounds like a Composition!

You worked long and hard and I think it shows. You're very patient! This is very "Hollywood" style it seems. I definitely got the "tomorrow morning" out of it! There's a relaxing feel to the intro and the rest of the upbeat character was great. The tempo is well done for a computerized piece. I think an orchestra could definitely play this through knowing what you would want to hear. It seems like all that's missing is the real orchestra...as if you've done your absolute best to create the music using samples.

Mastered well too, I thought. No clipping, well-balanced track volumes, EQ sounded great. Better than mine ha ha!

So you're a metal and classical lover huh? That's awesome, me too!

5/5!

AKoeneman43 responds:

Yeah i love all things music really! and metal and classical fit so wel together while also being complete opposites! I love em both! Im gonna look up some of your stuff man! Nothing better then a fellow classical/metal fan!

And thanks for the review,
Alex

Space & Time (Full Mix) Space & Time (Full Mix)

MrBainBridge was right!

I agree with everything he said. Zero-bombers had a feast here. Something in the bass range irks me beginning around 1:53, but I am not quite sure. Too much bass boost in an unnecessarily low frequency it seems.

Hey, great job on this! Well done!

metallikid6 responds:

Thanks Realrauch. The mixing has something to do with the program itself. When other instruments enter and cut out, suddenly the other ones get louder, which sets everything off. And it always comes out lower than I want it too... Oh well. I'm glad you liked it anyway.

Trance - Dj. Trece Trance - Dj. Trece

I laughed so hard!

Am I the only one so far who got that this was a satirical parody on crappy music? Your other piece is way better than this one. I don't know if I am allowed to vote for jokes but I will give it a 10/10 because I actually laughed.

However the rumbling at 2:59 was pretty cool for real.

TheJokerOne responds:

In fact... I was thinking the same!
When I hear my own track... I was like... damn! I screw it real good!
Thanks for the review!

Soul Sacrifice Soul Sacrifice

Great!

Great job on this. It has its own unique flair apart from less inspired pieces. I like that melody! Very very interesting. I'm not one to judge for a good mastering, but I would say it was done very nicely as well.

I voted 5/5, but gave 9/10 stars only because it is still very repetitive for me, and that bit at 3:15 doesn't seem to fit so well according to me anyway.

Well done!

RoughtitsMetaljonus RoughtitsMetaljonus

The intro

sounds like a heavy metal version of "In the Dead of Night" from the Secret of Mana soundtrack. I knew it sounded familiar! You make a good piece out of those chords.

I love the acoustics and how it moves towards the end. The feel is definitely interesting. It's on my playlist!

Secret of Evermore - Mini Boss Secret of Evermore - Mini Boss

Excellent remake!

I love this game. Many people didn't. Glad to see someone else likes it enough to remake one of the beautiful pieces of music!

You covered it so accurately and well. I could harp on some minor details but nah. Good work!

TheAboriginalOne responds:

Many people didn't like it because they thought it was a sequel to SoM. The similarities were uncanny, but since it didn't follow a like story, people were quick to reject it.

This game, to me, deserves a chance, and hell, a sequel.